Océans, le Mystère plastique

Oceans, the mistery of the missing plastic
by Vincent Perazio Documentary France 2016 53'

Only 1% of the plastic floating in the oceans washes up on beaches or is trapped in Arctic ice. Of the remaining 99%, estimated at hundreds of thousands of tons, we still know too little. A sort of black hole that reveals an ecological tragedy. Most plastic never deteriorates but simply breaks down into smaller and smaller toxic particles invisible to the human eye, creating a new ecosystem: the plastisphere. There is an urgent need to investigate the phenomenon and its consequences: where do the particles go? Ingested by organisms or buried under the ocean floor? And what is their potential impact on the food chain?

Director:

Vincent Perazio

Productor:

ARTE FRANCE, VIA DECOUVERTES PRODUCTION

Country:

France

Description

 

Film submission

24° Festival

CINEMAMBIENTE

01 October - 06 October 2021
TORINO

Subscriptions are now closed

Competition registration

 

CINEMAMBIENTE

 
JUNIOR

Subscriptions are now closed

Newsletter